www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Feb 20, 2013

Cyberpunk

I am in love with this genre called cyberpunk.
it's projecting a future in which I feel it would be cool to live in.
It's just fascinating to imagine where our technologies will lead us to.
The novel, Everyone in Silico, which I have not done reading yet, is also a cyberpunk.
I've recently stumbled upon quite a few artworks and they are just beautiful!
(I'm attaching a an example here; credit is given to the artists)



I've noticed a few similarities between Everyone in Silico and the artworks.
1. Cultures are mixed, as you can see from the Chinese characters and the English signs.
2. Highly urbanized environments, most of the visualizations take place in cities.
3. Single relationships, most people are not in the traditional interpersonal relationships such as marriage/monogamy.
4. Cyber themes, many concepts involve computers and virtual spaces.
5. Rebellious characters, fighting against controlling corporations and or governments.

No comments:

Post a Comment