www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Dec 23, 2011

Body examination

Have to type this up fast cuz I don't want to lose it like literally lose it. Feel like I'm losing my memory.

So I have been through body height and weight measurement, blood test, vision test, EKG, artery stiffening test, abdominal ultrasound, chest X-ray, and some doctor meeting like upper respiratory check, urinary and prostate test ( i know :p), Chinese medicine meeting (not in chronical order but it's kinda ordered like this), and lastly the endoscopy for my stomach area and intestine area.

The first parts of my body check up were fairly smooth and quick.

Had to wait for my last part of the test, the endoscopy.

The last is the most interesting part. So I walked downstairs with a nurse and another patient, well not really a patient but another man who is also doing body check up.

A nurse gave a liquid I believe it's an anesthesia liquid cuz it kinda feels numb in my esophagus. And it's sweet kinda tasty haha probably because I'm hungry.

Then I went into a room felt just like the room I did my surgery back then.

I lied down on a bed.
Then an anesthesiologist started to talk to me about stuff like why am I doing the test and some background info it's like a usual talk.
She put oxygen supply to my nose and some heart rate and breath monitoring thing on my body.
Then she put an IV on my back of my hand.
Then they put a thing in my mouth.
She is super nice and yeh she talked to me a lot.
Then she said, "I'm going to put you to sleep now. Tell us if you feel uncomfortable."
I said, ok!"
I saw the doctor preparing the instrument.
Then my vision became blurred (more blurred than not wearing glasses) and sounds from surrounding faded. I can felt my heart beating faster and faster. Then I woke up.
The anesthesiologist told me that the stomach endoscopy was done.
Then I think I talked nonsense. Memory loss!!!
Totally felt like drinking lol. Like I was so happy and then talked a lot.
Then I went to sleep again for te intestine endoscopy.

The next time I woke up I was already outside of the endoscopy room.
I felt a little pain in my intestine. I believe a nurse woke me up. She told me that I'm done and asked me how I was feeling. I said I was super tired so she told me to rest a little. She then took off my IV.
I think I slept a little and then woke up again. I started checking my body seeing whether it was sill hooked up to all the monitor stuff. But they're all gone. I realize there was a paper slip in my pocket of the shirt. I took it out and it was the slip keeping track of what I've done.



The little paper slip

My stomach (or more like intestine) was really bloated.
then a nurse told me and other people to stand up and go up stairs to the health check center. I stood up and felt super weak and dizzy haha
I really have to admit, it felt just like after I drank!!
Anyway, Went up stairs and then rest a bit in a room and started to type this entry up. I don't want to forget any detail since I was still in effect of the anesthetic drug.

Now I'm at the cafeteria of the health check center eating some awesome food. I dont usually say awesome for food but yes I haven't eaten for a day so it's awesome!
Anyway, felt awesome having the meal and yeh going to hear the result later
so cya later.


i got niddled twice

One is for blood test; one is for IV

-----------------------------------


so the results:
i was diagnosed with acid reflux or GERD
and duodenitis which is inflammation of the duodenum


no wonder i have so much abdominal pain in the last months.


anyway, i have to keep an eye on what i eat and drink so the conditions wouldn't get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment