www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Jan 5, 2013

Mood analysis over 6 weeks

so remember I was writing down my mood everyday since sometime last quarter?
I input all the data into Excel and did some analysis.



here's the result...
tips to reading the charts:
the darker the color the worse the mood, the brighter the color the better the mood (intuitively)
for weather, R stands for rainy, C stands for cloudy, S stands for sunny, CS stands for partially cloudy, CSR stands for partially cloudy with showers.


I live in Seattle, as a result I have lots of data for rainy and cloudy days but only a few for sunny days.


so I don't think my mood has much to do with the weather but instead it is strongly related to the day of the week.
I seem to be most happy during Saturdays and sad during Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
pretty interesting.
also it seems like I'm quite bipolar when recording my mood of the day. Most of them are either sad or happy but only a few are the intermediate ones.
so why am I doing this?
I don't know actually (and it's pretty fun)
but a better understand of myself might give me the ability to hack my brain sometime during winter quarter to boost my productivity ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment