www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Nov 12, 2011

Field trip :D

Woke up super super early this morning at 6:30 am and felt like staying longer in my bed
I was like you have to get out of the bed! So I eventually went to take a shower at 6:40

I already had my bags (one for stuff and one for camera) and clothes prepared so I just dressed up, wore my contact lens, and got my camera battery from the charger. I also had my breakfast in the frig already. So I warmed up the burger with microwave, ate it and had a yogurt. And I put the left over from the dinner at Tofu house last night into a bag. This will be my lunch.
I'm ready to go! So I got to the meeting place, it's just behind the physics buildings, exactly on 8:00 am
Most people were already there.
We waited for a bit and here she came, our field trip leader. Her name is Camila. She's doing research on the site we're going to.

11 people including the Camila got on to the van and then it's a more than 2 hour drive...
Super far away!

Let me show you the site is...
As you can see it's close to the pacific ocean (actually, not close, but more like beside). it's really wet over there because it's the windward side of the mountain thus receiving moisture from the Pacific ocean.


As you can see, it's a super long trip. 

Anyway, when we arrived, it's not as cold as I expected but it's raining... :/

We walked 3 miles around the route.
We saw trees, fungi, and mosses.
The leader was super nice and enthusiastic.
She showed us cones and leaves from the trees.
She also showed us fungi, lichens, and mosses.
Oh and she told us to touch them :)
she also told us to bite one of the ferns. it tasted sweet hahaha!
It's a real hands on experience. love it!

And it's really beautiful in the forest. I saw all kinds of plants. I've never seen some of them before. Like there's one lichen; it's green on the top but pale at the bottom. They look like leaves. Super cool.

There were also some super super old trees! they're so huge and tall! I couldn't see the top of the tree!!! ok i'm exaggerating a little bit but it's really amazing!

But the whole field trip is like my battle against the rain. First, I just let my camera out and then wipe it dry with my tissue paper but it's too annoying so I ended up putting on my camera on my tripod covered with my rain jacket hoody. Super effective!!! So I'm just like carrying my tripod around on my shower with my camera covered with my rain jacket hoody.
But the only drawback is that my beanie got really soaked at the end...



got back at 5 pm at the same place we started and by that time i just wanted to go back to my room and dry up my clothes, shoes, jackets, bags, camera, and yeh... basically everything....

I took some photos but i'm not going to post them till i'm done with schoolwork, i broke too much promises already. so yeh, i'm sorry i've never posted my Mercer demolish photos, my Aliki beach photos.... :/



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment