www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Mar 8, 2012

birthday.

wow. 20? that's like 2 decades on this very Earth!
no longer a teen. (well, i still hope 21 comes soon...)

got so many birthday wishes from my friends via Facebook and text messages and in person.
there're around 100 wishes on my timeline.
thank you all for the wishes. i really do appreciate them! :D

what i expected what today should be like:
wake up, take a shower, go to bio class, study at library while having "breakfast", go to stat class, rush to public health class, have my "lunch", go to bio lab, grab jimmy jones, study at library, go back to dorm, sleep.

but this is what actually happened: (today actually turned out to be awesome)
woke up, took a shower, grabbed "breakfast", went to bio class, study at library while finishing my "breakfast", went to stat class, rushed to public health class, grabbed "lunch", went to bio lab, finished early but i felt awful afterwards... because my new lab partners are not being friendly... i didn't say a word through the whole lab and they didn't even bother to ask for my opinion (well, i know i should talk but... they just keep talking and talking...) D:
went back to dorm, and here came the unexpected....

me, feeling awful, just wanted to avoid any interaction, walked to my room and met my roommate on hallway. they said happy birthday to me. i said thanks.
they asked, "wanna go grab a dinner with us?"
with my head down, trying to fit my keys into the door knob and get into my room as soon as possible
i said, "ummm..." and pushed open the door.
should i? i mean... not even my lab partners care about me.
"i'm actually going to the library later...."
"oh.... do you have a final coming up?"
"yeh... i have like 2 on friday.... so.... yeh"
i glanced into my room and saw a birthday card lying on the floor in my room.
my roommates must have wrote it when i was in class and slide it into my room.
"well, you can always have dinner before finals, i have one tomorrow."
"ummm...."
i started to regret for my first decision.... so i decided to tell them
"sorry... i wasn't being in a good mood.... and yes, i would like to go to dinner with you guys."
"well, if you really want to study. don't force yourself"
"no no... i'm just in a bad mood...."

so yeh. we had pho and talked on our way to the restaurant and back to dorm.
one of my roommate even payed for my dinner... ;)
they made me happy and made me felt worth it.
i'm glad i made the right choice.

i don't know but i have the tendency of closing up myself to the world when something turns me down,
even on my birthday when i'm supposed to be treated well (and treat myself well)

so i started packing up and getting ready to go to the library.
my roommates brought up a birthday cake all of a sudden and sang birthday song to me
;) they're so sweet. i don't know how i should thank them for doing all of this.... i kept saying thank you to them but i still think saying thank you is not enough...

and they said,
"if you're going to the library, we can have the cake later."
i said, "oh no, we can have the cake now. are you guys still hungry?"

so i cut the cake into 9 pieces and we had the cake.
it's so good. taste even sweeter with all the love.

thank you again, Brandon, Michael, Shaina, Philip, Quinn, and Joelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment