www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Feb 29, 2012

Memories

So Andrew posted a new photo on our high school Facebook page.
The photo looks so... Perfect, in some ways...
We were all standing on a grass field located at the top of the slope centered at our school.
It's clear and the sky was blue.
every single of us was so natural. Some of us smiling. Some of us looking at different directions. The expression was so individual to the point that I started having this weird feeling.
The feeling that they are now somewhere on this planet doing something...
Maybe studying (like what I'm trying to do right now)
Reading pages of textbook, writing papers, drawing designs...
Maybe just out there walking to class.
Maybe some of us are dreaming (if not, just sleeping)
Maybe smoking out there just to take break from life.
Maybe waiting for the bus.
Worrying things.
Spending time with their loved ones.

This feeling kept hitting on me and I couldn't concentrate on my statistic reading in the library.
So many memories were brought up in my mind.
The things we used to do. The dramas. The memories....

It reshaped what I have been pursuing since I graduated from high school.
I have also wanted to let go of what happened in high school, especially the huge fight we had near the end of senior year.
And I have been living well here in Seattle forgetting about that part of my memory. It's always been out of my scope of thinking. And I was happy about it. It tried to hide it and got them out of my mind eventually.

But this picture. This picture struck my heart.
Made me wonder that I have always been doing the wrong thing.
All of it popped out and became so vivid.
The memories so nostalgic... I miss them...

Thanks Andrew....

Ahhh it's 2:20 now. Have to rush to class. See you later.

(it's supposed to be posted right after 2:20 pm but my blog press on iPad apparently didn't work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment