www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Jan 14, 2011

What i've been up to... 1/whatever... tuesday

So I ended up calling my service-learning site the Food Bank this afternoon cuz email wasn't working at all
And yup the supervisor picked up the phone and my schedule and orientation were arranged!
Every Tuesday night!
So he asked me
"do you want to start today"
And I said
"yeh sure!"

(i wrote the part above few days ago, when my mood is still quite "sunny"; in other words, i'm "gloomy" now, so don't be surprised by the tone change in writing)

It was quite a new experience for me, never worked in a grocery store.
so i was there repacking golden oreo into smaller bags and smashing frozen chicken!
for real, we threw a whole bag of frozen chicken from the stairs!!
anyway, my first service-learning night went quite well
met some new people there, a girl who is doing service-learning for another class and two boys from the air force (oh wow!)
after i hung the red apron with "Food Bank Volunteer" on the door and got my bag and jacket
i pushed the little wooden door and walked outside to the street with the girl
and OH MY GOD, it's snowing! just like the forecast stated! :D
i was so excited and i didn't even care to put my hood on cuz i wanted the snow to melt on my face :)
"photos! photos! photos!" that's the only thing on my mind!!!
so i walked with her down the ave and she was going to get dinner at Mee Sum
i left after she finished ordering her dinner

"photos! photos! photos!!!"

so i ended up taking up to 100 photos that night and rolling a very very huge snow ball (imagine how big it is if it's larger than my arms around it)
it's quite fun though! my hugest snow ball ever!!!
i'll post the photos asap D:

it's starts raining afterwards and it got disgustingly wet... it's like the roads and trees and everything is covered with "slurpee"
SCHOOL TMR how unfortunate...

conclusion, rolling a huge snow ball and smashing frozen chickens at the same night for 8 hours wasn't a great idea... my body aches for days...

No comments:

Post a Comment