www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Aug 3, 2012

btw my sleep yesterday was super weird

so yesterday i woke up at around 10 am and i forced myself back to sleep
and i started getting this really weird dreams... more like hallucinations... i guess... according to a website.
so like i had this terrible sleep terror and it's also kind of like sleep paralysis.
i dreamed about myself sleeping on my bed in my room and my jaws were like crazily opening and closing uncontrollably.
also i dreamed about someone yelling very loudly and hit my back really hard but from that person's view.
also dreamed about me unable to move and this is what we called sleep paralysis, but i don't think i was experiencing sleep paralysis cuz my eyes weren't open? i wasn't even sure...
and i just kept waking up from those sleep terrors and fell asleep seconds later and had sleep terrors again...
but i wasn't even sure whether i really did wake up... maybe the whole thing was a dream?

it's a mess...

here are two sites i found that have the same situation.
http://www.dreamviews.com/f13/rjm-rapid-jaw-movement-lucid-experiences-50487/
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/narcolepsy-discussions/general-support/312505-strange-shaking-chaos-during-sleep-paralysis
they said you're more likely to experience this if you go back to sleep after you're awake.
i think it might be because your brain is thinking about the immediate surrounding you woke up to which was just few minutes ago and was just where you were,
then right when you fall asleep again, your brain starts to dream about your immediate surrounding.
and this is where you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the real world and dream.
Inception kicks in!!! btw i had my reverse clock right beside me and it's always making the tik tok noise. I can use the tik tok noise to determine whether i'm actually in the real world or a dream.

it's kind of funny thinking about it now
but disturbing at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. My experience is that it is a dream. I used to dream that I was chased by some terrible thing or person, but I eas not to able to move. It is not strange that when I was asleep, of course I couldn't move. But, the funny thing was that I was never caught by the terrible thing. I believe the whole exeperience is all your dream.

    You are a strict scientist. Please define dream. Then, you know no matter how you want to interpret dream. It is a dream after all. Don't over-interpret.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no i'm not over-interpretting it. i think that really makes sense.

      Delete