www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Jul 22, 2012

the first time we met was one year ago...

So I was following Ben to get to the front of the stage and all of a sudden, i felt a few taps on my shoulder and heard a hi!!
I turned around.

I saw an Asian girl dressed up quite formally. With makeup. Carrying a black purse with her. And smiling.

"Hey!"
"umm... Hi?"
Apparently I had no idea who she was.
"do u still remember me?"
"Ummm"
"Remember we were in the same math class?"
And my brain started going through faces I could possibly recall.
And then I remember there's once I talked with her.

It's a rainy day, pretty usual in Seattle.
linear algebra class. And I believe it's autumn quarter. Sometime between September and December 2011.

The class ended and I walked out from the door behind the classroom.
I forgot exactly how we started the conversation. But here's how it went in my fading memory.

"I've seen you so much in math classes!"
"Yeh I remember seeing you in math 307 last year!"
"Yeh we have been taking two math classes together."

She's the girl from two of the math classes I took.
One in spring quarter freshman year which is one year ago.
And another in autumn quarter sophomore year.
I remembered her as the girl who always wears makeup and dresses super formally.

"So where are you from?"
"I'm technically from Taiwan but I was born in Ohio so yeh.. And Where are you from?"
"I'm from Singapore."
Our conversation went on as we walked up the hill from Condon hall towards Schimtz hall.
I was rushing to my biology class and she's going another direction.
I don't quite remember other things we talked about. But I think she's in business or finance or economy.

"oh yeh!! You're from Singapore... Right?"
"yeh!!"
And then a guy came up behind the girl and said
"hi"
I said hi back.
And it's probably a good place to end the conversation.
So we said goodbye to each other.
She and the guy walked in the opposite direction and disappeared in the crowd.

I was shocked that she still remembered me so I was just standing there thinking about how we should have talked more.

Then Ben walked back and found me.
Then we walked toward the stage and disappeared in the crowd.





----------------------------------------


No kidding as I finished typing the blog entry
I suddenly recalled her name.
She's Jaimy!
Not sure if I spell it correctly or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment