www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Jul 29, 2010

Second day of hospitalization,day of surgery 7/30:

dad is staying in the hospital with me so i'm fine
i think about something a.m. nurse came in and brought me a big bag of sodium chloride injection
i think nurse will get it on my iv later

just woke up at about 8:30
didn't sleep well last night cuz the IV and ekg on me
and just got blood pressure measured

now i'm really thirsty
and my stomach is empty

sit and waiting for any further instruction... :/

(below are typed on august 1st... sorry for updating this late)

it's time!
i took off all my cloths and put on the surgery robe
and the nurse connected the sodium chloride injection with my IV

some hospital people pushed my bed out of the room
i ain't wearing glasses so it's all blurry
but i could still recognize some signs
took elevator from 15th floor to 2rd floor
and them i saw "cardiology" and then it "radiofrequency catheter"
i was trembling all the way cuz i'm too nervous knowing that i'm about to get cut @@
dad was with me

i was pushed to a room i think it's a waiting room
there's an old man beside me
he asked that if i'm doing the other kind of catheter (the one for opening up veins and arteries)
my father answered him that i'm doing catheter ablation
and them hospital people asked my dad to wait outside so my dad left and told me not to be nervous

after some minutes
it's my turn
they pushed my bed beside the surgery room
the door looks heavy, it's made of steel with a radiation hazard sign

then i saw a bed pushed beside me
there's a little child i heard that he was only 12 and did the same surgery

the doctor said i should pee before the surgery
so i took my sodium chloride injection to the bathroom
when i walked back to the surgery room i saw instruments and screens
and a huge instrument on top of the operating table
it's an x-ray transmitter
following the doctor's instructions, i sat on the table and then lay on it
they stuck sensors all over my body
they also stuck defibrillator on my back and on my chest
they put heavy coverings on my body and head except my right leg and neck
i could only face the left side
there i saw files in a cabinet and many other instruments

but i was still very conscious
so i asked the doctor, "can i have it stronger?"
the doctor said he'll inject more afterward
and i saw a doctor walked near my sodium chloride injection

they started to do local anesthetics on my neck
it hurts a lot!!!!! i can feel the needle! D:
i groaned...
the doctor put catheter into my neck and into my heart
i can feel something in my chest pressing against my lungs
it's not fine at all :(
and then i suddenly felt unclear the sounds got real blurry and i could hear echos
it felt like you're waken periodically when you're sleeping
and then it's my leg
it still hurts a lot!!! i groaned! the doctor put catheter inside my leg and to my heart

i could only recall parts of the surgery
i heard doctors calling numbers
250, 260, 300, 500...
300 watts, 20 second, 25 second...
ablation....
i felt my heart beating slow and fast
i remembered that i felt my heart stopped for a few second as well

and then a doctor came near my injection and my heart began to pump vigorously
the whole table was shaking @@

"i'm going to remove the catheter, it might hurt a bit"
"oh..." but i dun think it hurts

they pressed against my wound on my leg and neck
they put a very flexible bandage on my leg wound
a 2-kg sand bag was put on my leg wound

then they moved me to my bed and pushed me out of the room
i saw my dad, mom, and my brother
then all the way back my room on 15th floor

they said they'll remove the sand bag after 6 hours
and i could only lie flatly on my bed and i should not move for the next 24 hours

my at my room
i talked to my family but my neck hurts
then i fell asleep

i remembered that during that day a lot of people came to visit me
there's my cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma
my friends
rose, kim, michelle lu, daniel lee, and keke and moms
i could only wave my hand and say thanks and bye
but i really appreciate their visit :D

nurse said i should pee
i did :)

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me? I find some parts of this post poetic XDDD
    Hope you get out from the hospital soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha poetic i'm typing the latter parts now
    thanks i'm out of hospital since yesterday afternoon
    i'm home now, all good

    ReplyDelete