www.flickr.com
daniellih's items Go to daniellih's photostream

Apr 8, 2011

The root of my thinking

Past experiences especially those from childhood have a really great influence on me or let's say past experiences shape my personality and all other characteristics of me

For example I hate apples
because I remember when I was a child I was always forced to eat apples by my parents

I like to say or think,
"if you don't like it, it's ok. Just go and find another person to help you out..."
Or "I'm not sure if I'm doing it right... Are you sure you like it?"
whenever someone ask me for help or favor.
This reflects my fear of being replaced or undervalued...
I truly have been afraid of being replaced...
Maybe I was once replaced by someone in my childhood friendship...
The feeling of being ignored being replaced really scare me.

I have no confidence in myself...?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. one comment. I'd like to make the record straight. The person who forced you to eat apple when you were a kid is your "mom" instead of "parents".
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha true thanks for the correction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think experience does shape us. So does environment. We are also influenced by our parents, friends, teachers, classmates at school, etc etc. However, I do think that it's still not too late to build confidence. I don't know exactly how. **Maybe I know how but I'm not 100% sure it's the best approach. Personally I'd go for being pushed but the method varies depends on an individual. But I think what you could do now is to .. each time when your inner voice holds you back from doing something, shut it down immediately and just do it. Be confident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks! i'll totally try next time when making decision! never hold back!

    ReplyDelete